PhD Program for Working People(Enrollment: April 1st)
▶ Doctor of Engineering(Eng.D.)
▶ Doctor of Science(Sc.D.)
▶ Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D.)
・Duration: 3 years
・Enrollment: April 1st
・ Course taught in English
・ To pursue your degree while you're workin
・ Short visits to IGSES once or twice per year at minimum
・ To publish at least one academic journal paper with your supervisor
(Total necessary number of papers depends on the department)
✔Important dates for 2021 admission
|Application deadline||17:00, January 20, 2021, Japan time|
|Screening||For the period between February 16, 2021 and February 18, 2021, applicants may be required to attend an online interview. The details will be announced later from the relevant department.|
|Notification of screening results||February 25, 2021
|Enrollment Procedures||March 1 - 10, 2021|
|Enrollment||April 1, 2021|
✔How to Apply
Applicants should find and contact the supervisor as a first step of admission procedures
Documents to be submitted via post
TO: IGSES Student Affairs Division
Kyushu University Chikushi Campus,
6-1 Kasuga –koen, Kasuga, Fukuoka 816-8580, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact the IGSES Student Affairs Division.
Phone: (country code 81)-92-583-7512
|#2||The Master’s Degree Certificate or Statement that confirms expected graduation|
|#3||A Certified Copy of the Applicant’s Master’s Degree Thesis|
|#4||Academic Record (Master’s course transcript)|
|#5||Letter of Recommendation|
|#6||English test/exam certificate|
|#7||Acceptance letter from an IGSES faculty member|
|#9||Proof of payment of admission fee of 30,000JPY|
- ●Those who do not hold a master’s degree (or equivalent) may also eligible to apply. Please contact the IGSES Student Affairs Division one month before application deadline at email@example.com.
- ●All documents submitted in a language other than English must be supplemented with officially translated and certified copies in the English language.
✔ Entry Requirements
Entry Requirements for the enrollment in April, 2020
1) Applicants must hold a master’s degree (or equivalent) awarded by a university, or expect to earn a master’s degree (or equivalent) by March 31, 2020.
2) Applicants must possess an acceptable official English qualification, such as a qualifying TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, or Cambridge Certificate scores, or some equivalents (a photocopy of the scores obtained must be attached).
3) Applicants must have a position in service to the government, municipal offices, or companies.
Applicants who are unsure of their eligibility MUST contact with IGSES Student Affairs Division one month before application deadline at firstname.lastname@example.org